The Nectar Mattress - Detailed Review
The Straight Scoop - Our Findings & Highlights
Nectar introduced the the original Nectar Mattress in 2017 and there’s a reason it quickly catapulted to one of the most popular online brands. Then, they reimagined it in 2020, loaded it with more cooling properties and additional support. This is one of the best memory foam mattresses in this budget range!
|Mattress Type/Category||Memory Foam Mattress|
|Comfort Styles||1 – Original Nectar Mattress|
|Cover||Poly-blend featuring heat wicking & cooling technology|
|Comfort layers||2” Gel infused Nectar Smart Layer
4″ Dynamic Response Split Layer
|Support System||6” Dynamic support layer & Stay-Stable base|
|Tufting||None – flat surface|
|Sleeps Cool||Very Good|
|Motion Isolation||Excellent – no motion transfer|
|Budget||Twin to King $499 – $1,199, Queen $899|
|Feeling when lying down||Conforming memory foam feel before the solid base|
|Nectar is ideal for||Side and back sleepers up to 220lbs
Prefer the sink and conforming of memory
Sensitive to motionBudget conscious
|Nectar is not right for||Stomach sleepers over 150lbs
Any sleeper over 220 lbs
Prefer to sleep on top of bed
Prefer a little bounce
|Sleep Trial & Warranty||1 Year Trial! Lifetime Warranty|
|That one special thing||Best memory foam mattress for the budget|
We’re Here to Help!
Call a Sandman Sleep specialist to fit you for the perfect mattress at 312.888.3155
Get the Best Coupon Automatically Applied Here
Ready to Buy? Buy Now
By selecting the “Buy Button” anywhere on our site you’re choosing to support our family business. We receive a small commission for each sale, at no additional cost to you, which enables us to continue providing the community with informative reviews about the most important foundation of health and wellness – SLEEP. Thank you for your support!
Launched in 2017, Nectar hit the ground running with the ultra popular Nectar Original mattress, vaulting to the top of the list in the competitive online mattress space. They did it through a combination of high quality foams at an economical price.
With its popularity, Nectar expanded its lineup through the DreamCloud and Awara mattress to appeal to different market sectors. Both mattresses immediately gained in popularity and sore backs all across America have thanked them ever since. Quick delivery is key and Nectar has multiple dedicated US based assembly factories to help meet their demand within days of an order. And Nectar backs their beds with an industry leading lifetime warranty. Nectar knows the importance of an excellent customer experience.
In 2019, Nectar changed its name to Resident to better describe themselves as they ventured beyond the bedroom into home furnishings. Nectar constantly develops, sources and tests new materials to achieve that “sleeping on a cloud” mantra. They have come up with 3 models (all indifferent price categories) to achieve their goal. We’ll get into how The Nectar Mattress feels next, but first, let’s take a look at the construction and materials that go into this award winning sleep system.
Construction / Materials
Nectar’s most popular mattress starts with a soft, breathable poly-blend cover. They added cooling properties within the weave so that it is cool to the touch. While not “cold” to the touch (that comes later with the Nectar Premier Copper) the cover feels plush and is designed to wick away moisture throughout the night.
Comfort Layers (They’ve got 2!)
The Nectar Mattress captures its comfort for any position through 2 layers (5 inches of comfort and pressure relief) in this 12 inch mattress.
- Right underneath the cover Nectar introduces you to 2 inches of gel infused breathable foam. This contour and comfort layer provides pressure relief with cushion and support in the most sensitive areas. The gel pulls heat from the body and doesn’t return it, and the breathable materials allow air flow to remove it from the mattress. Nectar’s adaptive memory foam layer helps relieve pressure points beneath your shoulders, hips and legs, encouraging better spinal alignment.
- Below the cooling foam is 4 inches of Nectar’s dynamic support foam. This is not only a pressure relieving foam but it is the higher dense foam that will have more energy absorption to cradle to the body like a cloud should. The dynamic foam provides that little bounce as the cooling gel layer above pulls you in, so you don’t feel like you are stuck.
For support, Nectar chose a 6 inch foam core. This is a high density foam core that allows for consistent proper support for those sleepers up to 200 pounds. This sturdy 7-inch layer of standard foam ensures the comfort and support layers above it perform at their best.
The shift-resistant lower cover is on the bottom of the mattress. It is designed to prevent slippage to the base holding the mattress. While the bed won’t slip around at night, the lightweight nature of the foam comfort and support layers can cause movement of the mattress when one gets out of bed in the morning. No slip-and-slide here!
Nectar top-tufts the mattress, securing the cover to the top foam layer. This is important to keep the mattress parts from shifting. The mattress surface is flat. There are no hills and valleys to feel underneath when you lay on the mattress. For those that seek a flat surface from which to sleep, look no further.
Does it Sleep Cool?
YES! Nectar chose 3 technologies to ensure a cool, comfortable and dry night’s sleep. It starts with the cover that wicks away moisture. Then is followed by two layers of gel infused comfort and pressure relieving foam. Gel is designed to pull away heat from the body (think osmosis from Jr. High science class!). All three layers are designed with air circulation in mind so after the gel pulls the heat away. Airflow removes the heat from the mattress. The result, a neutral to cool temperature throughout the night keeping you dry and well rested all evening.
How about Edge Support?
Edge support comes from the 6 inch solid core. But it has to go through 6 inches of pressure relieving foam before you get to it. As a result, the edge support on The Nectar Mattress is good, not great. If you sleep close to the edge or spend a lot of time sitting on the edge of your bed but still want that pressure relieving feeling from the mattress, then you might want to look towards the Nectar Premier or Nectar Premier Copper models.
Comfort / Feel
Nectar set out to build a mattress for any budget that made you feel like you were in a high end hotel. From the moment you touch the surface cover gives you the silky feeling like silk is touching your face. And when you lay down, the pressure relief is immediate.
The original Nectar Mattress is a multi-sleeper, designed for side, stomach and back sleepers alike. However, side sleepers will realize the most immediate benefit as the pressure points of the shoulder, lower back and hips feel immediate relief. The comfort foam layers are also highly responsive, meaning they fill in the crevices quickly when weight is taken off (instead of some foams that keep the energy and make it difficult to move around.
Stomach and back sleepers will also feel very nice pressure relief, but side sleepers feel the most. However, you quickly feel the 6 inch core support layer helping to align the spine, putting you body in a relaxed state. The key to any good night sleep is spinal alignment, usually when our mattress does not allow for proper spinal alignment we toss and turn at night, sometimes waking with back, hip or shoulder pain. Up to 200 pounds, the Nectar Original should provide enough support to keep the body aligned for years with the mattress. Over 200 may require additional support (the Nectar Premier or Nectar Premier Copper). However, for the budget category to which the Nectar Original falls, they have made a comfortable mattress with superior support at an excellent price.
- On Sandman’s Firmness Scale, we rate the Nectar Mattress a 6.5 out of 10.
- This is a MultiSleeper, designed for all sleeping styles.
- The pressure relieving comfort layer provides a good amount of sink but the responsive design of the foam and the ability for air to circulate throughout the mattress will keep you cool and dry all night long.
- Edge support is good for the average weight sleeper. You won’t feel like you are rolling off, but folks that like to sleep on the edge should look for a mattress with a little more reinforcement.
Excellent! The Nectar Mattress is all foam, so motion isolation is virtually non-existent. The foam does not transfer motion so you will not feel your partner throughout the night
How does it arrive?
The Nectar Mattress arrives compressed and wrapped up in a box for easy shipping and moving to the bedroom. The all foam construction is also lightweight so the box is not too burdensome. Check out the Dimensions below for more details.
What’s the Return Policy? Warranty
Nectar offers a whopping 365 night trial period, while most companies offer 100 nights. If for any reason the Nectar Original is not the mattress of your dreams within the trial period, you can either return it for a 100% refund. Here’s how it works:
- The trial begins when you RECEIVE the mattress (the fedex delivery day).
- You can sleep on it for a full year (all 4 seasons if you like). As there can be a slight break-in period, Nectar asks that you not initiate a return during the first 30 days.
- If it’s not the mattress of your dreams, reach out to Nectar via email to customer service, call them or start a chat online, provide your name and order number and that’s it! There are no questions asked!
- Returns: Nectar works with you to coordinate a donation if possible or a recycling pickup as a last resort on a day of your choosing.
- Full 100% refunds (no fees!!) are issued within days of the return.
- One very important item to note: For promotional mattress purchases that include free accessories such as pillows, a mattress protector, and sheets, you may keep, donate, or dispose of the products included with your purchase. The value of your free items will not be deducted from the total value of your mattress return, regardless of what you choose to do with them.
Nectar doesn’t stop there!
Nectar covers the mattress with a lifetime warranty for the entire life that you own it. This does not include normal wear and tear, but any manufacturer defects are covered. If there are impressions greater than 1.5 in, Nectar will replace your mattress for the entire time you own it.
Dimensions and Weights
Nectar Weights range from 40lbs (Twin) to 83lbs (Calking).
|Size||Dimensions (IN)||Dimensions (FT)||Dimensions (CM)|
|King||76″ x 80″||6.33 x 6.67||193.04 x 203.2|
|California King||72″ x 84″||6 x 7||182.88 x 213.36|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||5 x 6.67||152.4 x 203.2|
|Full||54″ x 75″||4.5 x 6.25||137.16 x 190.5|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||3.25 x 6.67||99.06 x 203.2|
|Twin||38″ x 75″||3.25 x 6.25||99.06 x 190.5|
How Do I order the Nectar Mattress? Does Nectar Offer Financing?
Yes, Nectar offers financing through Klarna. Pay as you like! Enjoy as low as 0% APR if you pay in full within up to 36 months when you choose Klarna.
Where Can I Try / Buy the Nectar Mattress?
Nectar available in many retail stores. However, if you are in the Chicago or Columbus OH area, please visit to test out the Nectar Mattress (we’ll even help get it ordered for you!):